Workshop-Needle Felted Leaves
Sunday July 10, 2022
Needle felting is a fun, simple, and creative activity. Using a specialized needle, some wool, and one simple technique, you can create amazing pieces of art.
No experience needed. All materials, tea, coffee, and farm grown snacks are included.
In this workshop you will get an overview of tools, materials and techniques used in felting onto a flat surface. this will include:
- types of fibre- farm, local, and imported
- tools - singles, multi, and spiral needles, different types of multi tools
- substrates - wool, mixed, and woven fabrics
- reusing existing materials
- colour blending - how to create your own palette
- adding hand-stitching to your felt
Neville Lambbottom will be available to assist with felting and wool consultation.
After the workshop participants are welcome to stay and enjoy the farm until 5pm, or so.
Workshop will take place outside under tents rain or shine. If it's REALLY bad we may postpone, OR move it into the barn (which is a working barn, so not the cleanest).